Top 10 Tools for Project Management
(with special Discount prices for Nonprofits)
Nonprofit organizations develop and implement various projects that translate their ideas and goals into action. Hence, project management (PM) is becoming increasingly crucial to the success of organizations. When faced with budget constraints and increased demands from stakeholders, several PM tools prove to be essential in achieving the desired outcomes. This blog post will explore the top 10 PM tools that provide NGOs with cutting-edge functionalities and cost-saving benefits.
- Evernote Teams
With Evernote, you can create, share, store, and edit documents for efficient collaboration in one platform. Organizations can access various templates like charts, trackers, and business plans that help improve project and workflow visibility. Teams can also create spaces that may be used as a virtual conference room where they can share and view project updates. Eligible nonprofits can avail of a discount upon request.
Asana has collaboration and communication tools that can help streamline work and bring teams together in one place. It has lists, boards, calendars, Gantt charts, and other features that allow groups to organize and visualize project workflows flexibly. They offer a 50% discount for nonprofits where the paid plans start at $10.99
Trello’s intuitive boards, lists, and cards system simplify project organization and task tracking. Its key features include data filtering, progress meters, checklists, activity dashboards, collaboration tools, and more. Aside from the standard free plan, it offers nonprofits a 75% discount on paid plans that start at $10 USD.
ClickUp is a versatile PM software with customizable features that can help teams plan, organize, and collaborate. Its centralized workspace has features for time management, integration, subtasks, and customizable tasks. It can specifically help nonprofits in tracking donations and sponsorships and creating application forms. ClickUp offers a 35% discount to nonprofits, with the paid version starting at $5 per month per user.
Monday is a user-friendly PM software with a diverse list of features such as customizable forms, workflows, and automation to optimize work efficiency. It also has various nonprofit-specific tools for fundraising communications, donation tracking, volunteer recruitment forms, time tracking, and more that can aid nonprofits in accomplishing their goals. The Nonprofit plan is free for up to 10 seats monthly, with a 70% discount for every additional seat.
Airtable is a user-friendly and customizable PM software that allows easy sharing of project data and collaboration among team members. It offers PM templates, different views, storage, task management, collaborative workspace, and integration features that help organizations manage projects more effectively. Eligible nonprofits can receive a 50% discount off the monthly cost of paid licenses that start at $10 USD.
Smartsheet is a spreadsheet tool that can be useful in managing projects, automating workflows, and aligning teams. With Gannt charts, resource management tools, task trackers, customer relationship management (CRM) tools, and more, nonprofits can leverage this app as a PM solution with an accessible interface. Aside from the free plan, eligible nonprofits may receive discounts on annual paid plans that start at $7 USD during the purchase process.
Teamwork has many features for improving teamwork, visibility, and accountability among team members. It simplifies task organization and tracking with its collaboration features, invoicing and billing, time-tracking, workload overview, and Kanban boards. Nonprofits may avail of discounts upon contacting their support team.
- Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects has an array of built-in apps for various nonprofit operations, such as the management of budgets, volunteers, donors, and fundraising events. Specific features include calendars, databases, dashboards, and automation. Nonprofit discounts are available upon request.
SamePage is a collaboration tool designed for nonprofits that allow for efficient management of multiple projects. It has a wide range of features, including communication tools, secure file-sharing, and task management, among others. They offer a 37% discount to nonprofits, with the standard license starting at $7.50 per month.
With the various resources available on the internet today, knowing how to choose and employ the appropriate tools for specific functions is a valuable skill. For nonprofits, this is especially applicable in dealing with the demands of managing projects. With the right tool and strategy, nonprofits can simplify their work, streamline their processes, and ultimately achieve their goals efficiently and effectively.
Published on November 6, 2023.
Stay tuned for new blogs every Monday!
Follow the iMPACT Magazine on social media for more informative content.
- Asana for Nonprofits Discount Program: Asana discounts and support for nonprofits. (n.d.). Asana. Retrieved July 31, 2023, from https://asana.com/nonprofit?gclid=CjwKCAjw_aemBhBLEiwAT98FMgj7H8DZKMmGr66fvurC7WZZ3GpNgzKycOHl_Dz5CCKfCOGh-lRaEhoCyhQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
- Contact Us. (n.d.). Zoho. Retrieved July 31, 2023, from https://www.zoho.com/contactus.html?ireft=nhome&src=home1-dd
- Discount for Nonprofits. (n.d.). Monday.Com. Retrieved July 31, 2023, from https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005321269-monday-com-Discount-for-Nonprofits
- NGO and non-profit discounts for Evernote Teams. (n.d.). Evernote. Retrieved August 9, 2023, from https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314258-NGO-and-non-profit-discounts-for-Evernote-Business
- Non Profit Project Management Software by ClickUpTM. (n.d.). ClickUpTM | One App to Replace Them All. Retrieved July 31, 2023, from https://clickup.com/teams/non-profit
- Nonprofit & Educational Plans – FAQ’s. (n.d.). Airtable Support. Retrieved July 31, 2023, from https://support.airtable.com/docs/nonprofit-and-educational-plans-faqs
- Non-Profit and Educational Discounts. (n.d.). Atlassian Support; Atlassian. Retrieved July 31, 2023, from https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/non-profit-and-educational-discounts/
- Pricing. (n.d.). Smartsheet. Retrieved July 31, 2023, from https://www.smartsheet.com/pricing